Week 2: Home Alone(ish)

This week, my mom started work; she is going to be teaching 2nd Grade at A'Takamul International School!

But while she was at work (the days she went without us) , I was home with Adam and Sydney for the majority of the day. It is not that bad for me because I feel like I'm hanging out with them more than babysitting. Adam is 11 and Sydney is 9 so they are fun to take adventuring.

The week days here are structured a little differently than most other countries. Sunday-Thursday are considered the weekdays while Friday and Saturday is the weekend!


Sunday:
We spent most of the day inside just chilling out. We watched Worst Cooks in America and Full House because I mean, those are both great shows. I also took the kiddos to one of the small neighborhood market stores that are close to our apartment, and I had Adam and Syd pick out something that they have never had. These aren't huge stores, but they definitely have a variety of items. Adam and Syd both ended up choosing these drinks called Basil Seed Drinks! Syd got Strawberry and Adam got Orange (and I drank a little bit of both 😋) They were definitely interesting, very syrupy with some slimy Basil Seeds.

We also noticed today that it was WAY more humid here than it usually is, which makes the temperature feel hotter than it was...it was a little flashback to our Singapore days! Now keep in mind, Kuwait is a desert so feeling very humid was where the humidity was up in the 20%-30% range...in Singapore it was in the 70%-80% humidity range...it was very noticeable though!




Monday:

We walked to a little shop that is really close to our apartment called Cake N Bake, these are ALL over! Not a place to go if you aren't planning on buying anything! After gazing upon these gorgeous pastries for a few minutes, we had to try some, there just wasn't another choice! I let Adam and Sydney choose 2 treats that we would all share, and they chose a slice of Oreo cake and a Mango glass cake (which had a pudding and custard as well as traditional cake). It was pretty good, but I think we will have to try more before we decide for sure 😂 (The pictures I took of the desserts were not good, so I just took these pictures off the website) 





We also went out exploring near our apartment here in Mangaf. As you can probably imagine, walks here don't last very long when its 109° outside! 


                                   

Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday:
Plans didn't end up going as we thought they were going to go. My mom ended up needing our help in her classroom, and rightfully so! The teacher that was in her room last year, kept every little thing (needless to say we had a LOT of dejunking to do). So we helped her clean up, get organized and decorate her room! It's amazing what 3 extra sets of hands can do! We met lots of awesome people from all over the world that are teaching at A'Takamul, and we are ready to start school come Monday! 








Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 in Kuwait!

India!

Daily Routine