Daily Routine


We have realized that there is not really a 'typical' day here. We have a general routine, but we are always looking for adventures so many days look very different than what we plan!

However, generally, it goes like this:

Sunday-Thursday: We wake up at 5:20. Well, my mom and I do. She gets ready while I get started on making all of our lunches, and Adam and Syd sleep in for just a few more minutes. I really don't mind it because I have to make my lunch anyway, so why not just make 4 while I am about it? (random side note: they have the BEST apples here. They are actually imported from Italy, but they are pretty cheap and we absolutely LOVE them). We then leave the house at 6:05ish for school. Conveniently, Preston lives right on the way, so we pick him up and make it to school by 6:30ish usually...depending on traffic and on what time we actually make it out of the house! We all start school at different times (staggered by about 10/15 minutes) which means we all get out at different times (again, staggered by about 10/15 minutes). At the end of the day, we all make our way to my mom's classroom and hang out there for a little while the school day wraps up.  This is where our days change a little bit depending on what we have.

Sundays-Tuesdays we generally drop Preston off at his house, go home, eat some food, go swimming (I like to go running while they swim, indoors of course!) for a little while and then come home, eat dinner and do homework.






Wednesdays are a little bit busier because after school I have piano lessons. Preston rides the city bus home while Adam and Sydney generally come hang out at lessons with me. Then, Wednesday evenings I have a youth church activity. One of my awesome leaders who lives pretty close to us drives me to and from the activity so my mom doesn't have to go all the way out there, stay for the duration of the activity, and then drive me home. It is interesting for me because in the U.S., I was able to drive myself around to all of my activities, and I often transported Adam and Syd. However here, I don't have my license so I don't get to drive anymore. If we are being totally honest, I miss driving! I wouldn't want to drive in Kuwait because they are crazy, but I miss the idea of driving 😉  However, my mom absolutely LOVES driving here because "there is never a dull moment".

Thursdays we are all pretty much dead because it is the end of the week. Sometimes when we get home, we decide to go swimming, but sometimes we don't have enough energy to do anything and we just hang out at home or go hang out with friends etc. We honestly don't really have a "norm" yet of what we do on Thursdays 🤷

Friday: Because this is an Islamic nation, we go to church on Fridays! We love driving to church on Friday mornings because there is little-to-no traffic which makes for a very pleasant drive (side story: one morning as we were driving to church, we suddenly saw a puff of feathers come out from underneath the car in front of us. As we were trying to determine what had happened, there was a HUGE thump on our windshield which made us all jump and maybe scream a little. We had a nice giant pigeon hit our windshield and leave a mark with some feathers, but luckily the windshield wasn't damaged. However my mom was just a little freaked out for the rest of the drive..).  The majority of our day is very relaxed which we all greatly appreciate.

Saturday: We usually wake up in the mornings and go grocery shopping and then the rest of the day is pretty much free for us to do homework or go swimming or explore various parts of Kuwait. Sydney does have a singing/dancing group that she participates in right now that she is loving! Most of us in the family can't dance, but she is pretty good!


It is getting noticeably cooler here. Usually now it is in the mid/low 90s which doesn't sound cool, but surprisingly, it is!


(This is just a picture to prove that we are all indeed still alive 😉. This past week we went to a restaurant owned by the family of a student in my mom's class!)



Comments

  1. My favorite family! Love those smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys all look GREAT!! Try and get Preston in on the next one though ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 in Kuwait!

India!