Bahrain and Dubai
After I posted on Facebook about going to Bahrain for a few days, some of you were interested about my trip there so I'll share a little bit about that and then the adventures my mom and younger siblings had in Dubai!
I went to Bahrain for 3 days with some girls from church; there were girls there from Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and of course Kuwait! It was an absolute blast!
For those who don't know, Bahrain is an island in the Persian Gulf. There is a causeway so it is possible to drive to it, however we flew. Here is a map for reference!
The weather while we were there was HOT and SUNNY which was definitely welcomed because since it has been raining like crazy here in Kuwait, there hasn't been a lot of sun (or really any) and it has been cold (70°). The 90° weather in Bahrain was amazing!
I wasn't there for very long so I didn't get to experience a lot in the country, but I had a great time!
Now for the more interesting part. My mom, Adam and Sydney went to Dubai for a few days! Adam and Sydney's visas expired so they had to go on a visa run. Conveniently, Bahrain was my visa run. While they went, I hung out here with Preston, which was also really fun because I like the kid 😊
Dubai is in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), again I included a little map for reference!
The first day that they were there, they spent 8 hours at a waterpark going on slides and being crazy and wild, as children do 😉
They also went up the tallest building in the world, the Burj Khalifa!
Then they took a water taxi around the Dubai creek!
This little smartie asked for this camel in ARABIC! What happened was Sydney wanted this little blue camel, and my mom said that if she asked for it in Arabic, she could get it and pick anywhere to go for dinner. So of course she asked for it in Arabic and no surprise, for dinner, she chose our favorite restaurant from Singapore, Din Tai Fung!
One of their favorite things was the Global Village! The Global Village is a multicultural festival park that has displays/kiosks representing 90 cultures. There was food and music and little shops along the way!
Overall, they LOVED Dubai and had a fun little getaway!
I went to Bahrain for 3 days with some girls from church; there were girls there from Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and of course Kuwait! It was an absolute blast!
For those who don't know, Bahrain is an island in the Persian Gulf. There is a causeway so it is possible to drive to it, however we flew. Here is a map for reference!
The weather while we were there was HOT and SUNNY which was definitely welcomed because since it has been raining like crazy here in Kuwait, there hasn't been a lot of sun (or really any) and it has been cold (70°). The 90° weather in Bahrain was amazing!
I wasn't there for very long so I didn't get to experience a lot in the country, but I had a great time!
Now for the more interesting part. My mom, Adam and Sydney went to Dubai for a few days! Adam and Sydney's visas expired so they had to go on a visa run. Conveniently, Bahrain was my visa run. While they went, I hung out here with Preston, which was also really fun because I like the kid 😊
Dubai is in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), again I included a little map for reference!
(Look how cute my family is!!)
The first day that they were there, they spent 8 hours at a waterpark going on slides and being crazy and wild, as children do 😉
They also went up the tallest building in the world, the Burj Khalifa!
Then they took a water taxi around the Dubai creek!
This little smartie asked for this camel in ARABIC! What happened was Sydney wanted this little blue camel, and my mom said that if she asked for it in Arabic, she could get it and pick anywhere to go for dinner. So of course she asked for it in Arabic and no surprise, for dinner, she chose our favorite restaurant from Singapore, Din Tai Fung!
One of their favorite things was the Global Village! The Global Village is a multicultural festival park that has displays/kiosks representing 90 cultures. There was food and music and little shops along the way!
They had a lovely time taunting me and sending me pictures of anything made from camels milk. I'm not a huge fan of camels or camels milk products because various diseases are spread through camels, however that is a story for another day 😉





Comments
Post a Comment